Studie o kamenech (v EN)

Informace o brusných kamenech a broušení.
Odpovědět
Zuzana

Studie o kamenech (v EN)

Příspěvek od Zuzana »

Řemeslník a sběratel brusných kamenů Henk Boss z Holandska sepisuje své značné vědomosti o brusných kamenech. Vše dal ke stažení i v angličtině na své stránky: http://bosq.home.xs4all.nl/

V AJ jsou zde zatím dva texty v pdf (první má 46 stran a 167 obrázků a druhá 62 stran a 275 obrázků). Třetí část teprve chystá.

Henk nás navštívil v roce 2011 se svou ženou - projížděli svým karavanem Evropu a pídili se po zajímavých přírodních brusných kamenech. Ve velice hezké návštěvě nám předal pár zkušeností.

Zde je jeho text k vydanému materiálu:

Maybe interesting?

I’m a 70 years old Dutch craftsman and sharpening and hone stone collector. My age told me its time to write down my knowledge.

So I wrote in 2011 the first part of Grinding and Honing. See http://bosq.home.xs4all.nl/ and http://bosq.home.xs4all.nl/info_20m.htm

Contents of part 1with 167 pictures:
Chapter 1. The stone of Bert Meijer; Cause and effect of the search; Travelling to Petit Sart in the town of Lierneux; Musée du Coticule; Occurrence of Coticule.
Chapter 2. Difference between sanding, grinding and lapping (polishing).
Chapter 3. Historical abrasives.

In 2012 I wrote part 2 with 275 pictures:
Chapter 4. Types of Natural whetstones. Definition stones; classifying stones, Igneous stones, Depth stones; flow out stones, Fission Rocks, difference in hardness, Sedimentary stones, Origin of sedimentary stones, Solid deposition, Granules, Less durable, Metamorphic stones, Origin of metamorphic stones, Structure and texture, Size of particles, Sandstone, Quartz sandstone, glauconitic sandstone, Psamnite sandstone, Arkos sandstone, Grain Shape, Slate, From mud to shale in 7 steps, Slate and size of grain, Slate and honing stone, Coticule, Novaculiet - (Arkansas, Charnley Forest stone, Turkey, Llyn Idwall).
Chapter 5 Acquisition of stones and then…
Difference grinding, polishing and honing stones, Designations of stone, Historical finds, Cleaning dirty stones, Method to determine what kind of stone, Lapping a stone, Lapping machine, DIY honing stone, Gluing, Water or oil, Cleaning; storage; boxes, Database, P Grit ruler.

Next winter I will write part 3. The first issue will come about in a 1 year's time (May 2013).
Chapter 6. Natural whetstones in Europe (among others).
Belgium: Coticule; Belgian Blue.
Germany: Ammergau, Escher, Faso, Franke, Thuringer etc.
England: Charnley Forest - Novaculite, Dalmore Yellow and Blue, Inigo Jones - Dragons Tongue, Moughton stone, Scotch hone, Tam O Shanter, Water of Ayer etc.
Finland: Wästikivi Oy, Testi.
Greece: Naxos, Turkish stone (petra Incognita) - Novaculite.
France: Pierre Naturelle de Saurat de Pyrenees.
Italy: Pradalung pietri coti.
Norge: Eidsborg.
Austria: Stone of Bregens and Grossau.
Slowakia: Rozsutek.
Czech Republic: Piscovec - Bridlice - Marmor.
Sweden: Gotland; Lemunda, Brugsvik, Gränsfors.
Chapter 7. Specials - Non European stones.
Chapter 8. Abrasion test, Identifying table, Word index.

Sorry for this excessively long post. With Complements, Henk Bos
Odpovědět